Prayer & Praise Items
August 5, 2020
First Mennonite Church
Praise God that He hears us when we call upon Him! Lord, thank You for answering our prayers in the way You know is best for us. Give us grateful hearts that will intentionally express thankfulness to You and others.
Praise God that His Word proves true and that He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him.
Pray for our missionaries of the week: Dan & Arlene.
· That all our tickets are purchased
· For arranging several special “goodbyes” with Papua New Guinean friends and others
· Working out the final packing details with special help from friends
· We have a place to stay for several months in PA
· For several extra special gifts for us through this time of transition
· For His faithfulness to us over these 30 years of service in PNG
· For all of you who are a part of God’s faithfulness to us
· Strength and wisdom as we tie up the final details in leaving PNG
· The PNG capital city to remain open as more COVID cases are being found. It is our only way out of the country.
· Safety as we travel over the next several days but also may we have opportunities to minister to those we meet
· Connection times to be enough for our ongoing travel through several countries
· Rest and recuperation when we get back to the USA. We’ll be having a two-week isolation time.
Pray for all of our missionaries for safety and wisdom as they are faced with many difficult situations in their ministry due to the virus.
Pray for 11 unspoken prayer requests.
Pray for comfort for Fred & Claudette Stauffer, Diane Stauffer, and other family in the death of their son and brother, James (Jim) Stauffer, on July 31.
Pray for teachers and students who are heading back to school amidst the COVID pandemic. Pray that our Heavenly Father will calm their fears and keep them safe. Also pray for wisdom and guidance for school leaders.
FOR THOSE WHO ARE ILL
Texas: Mark Von Gunten (continuing his recovery at home)
At Home: Bill Beachey (surgery last week for a fractured leg; will be in a cast for several weeks); Deb (Bob) Reusser (recovering from surgery for a detached retina); Dave Nussbaum (heart valve surgery last week at Lutheran); Brandon Hill (continues radiation for five more weeks); Neva Pharr (continues weekly chemo treatments); Rod Mosser (started radiation therapy treatments on Monday at Dupont for prostate cancer); Story Fox, Ben and Dianna’s daughter (had successful heart surgery at Riley on Monday); Lori Hawkins (had surgery last Thursday at Lutheran); Fred Wulliman (shunt being put in his stomach today; pray that this will resolve the issues he has been dealing with for several months); Alvin Lehman (check-up tomorrow, then will see an orthopedic surgeon at Parkview on August 7 to determine possible hip surgery); Jim Dennison (heart catheterization on August 12)
Cancer: Katie Reinhard Lena Nagel, Mic Hodson, Neva Pharr, Don Graber, Lori Hawkins, Elaine Crider, Jamie Cressman, Rod Mosser
We pray for these who are part of the First Mennonite family:
Steve & Myrna Bauman
Clyde & Marjorie Wulliman
Howard & Eleanor Flueckiger
Mark & Janelle Gresla
Steve & Nicki Lehman
Bill, Jenn, Naarah & Naomi Helmlinger
Willis & Eleanor Nussbaum
Mitch, Tracy & Rachel Simon
Please phone Prayer & Praise items to the church office, 8:00a.m.- 4:30 p.m., 589-3108, or Jim Schwartz, 525-0124