Prayer & Praise Items
January 20, 2021
First Mennonite Church
Father, we are so grateful that you are a sovereign God. We’re thankful we can trust that Your plan is always the best plan, even when we can’t see it or understand it.
How grateful we are, Father, for Your love that saves us, Your grace that forgives us, Your spirit that cleanses us, and Your Word that guides us.
Pray for our workers of the week: Gordon & Yarna.
We praise God for:
• Our teams in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Pakistan have been spared from the virus. All have stayed well, as have the high percentage of the community members where we work.
• God’s hand in providing the income for Medical Ambassadors International’s budget without shortfall.
• That despite Gordon not being able to visit the teams in Asia, he has been able to communicate with them on a weekly basis, which has been encouraging and a joy.
• The wonderful time we had with our children and grandchildren in Finland. Yarna continues on there helping out the families.
• For President Biden and team as they commence with their administrative responsibilities.
• Some of the Asia CHE teams are not able to go visit their communities due to COVID restrictions. Pray that the people influenced by our team will continue to follow the ways of God’s kingdom.
• The radical ruling political party in India is ramping up pressure on anyone non-Hindu, so there have been changes on how NGOs can receive foreign funds. As we comply, pray that the government responds with the permits quickly.
• Pray not only for the ministry teams, but also for the community members around South Asia who have been impacted by the lives and teachings of the teams, that the love shown in Jesus’ name will draw people to Him.
• We’ll be moving permanently to Finland this summer. Pray for decisions to be made with our house and belongings.
• Pray for Gordon as he studies Finnish.
Pray for 7 unspoken prayer requests.
Pray for comfort for the family of Catherine Nussbaum, who passed away on January 13.
It is difficult to know who or what to believe when it comes to the current events in our world today. Many of us have had to fight off confusion and anxiety almost every day because of these current events. But Lord, we know Your Word tells us that You are not the author of confusion, but of peace. Help us to look to You when we become confused and overwhelmed, because You are Lord of all and sovereign over all.
COVID-19: Pray for those families who have lost loved ones, and for protection for health workers. A number of people within the church family have tested positive for the virus, and some are showing symptoms. Pray for healing for those who are ill, and continued health for those who are not showing symptoms.
Pray for protection for the Swiss Village and Chalet Village residents as they continue to deal with restrictions caused by the virus. Pray for those who are ill with the virus.
Pray for North Korean Christians who are escaping from North Korea into northeastern China, and for the underground Christians in China who are helping the escapees through secret safe houses and secret networks.
FOR THOSE WHO ARE ILL
Hospital: Janet McKean (had hip replacement surgery Monday); Floyd Liechty (had back surgery Tuesday)
Swiss Village: Elaine Liechty (therapy)
At Home: Clyde Wulliman (recovering after hospital stay with COVID); Renee Liechty (recovering at home); Byron Fox (pray for continued recovery and for Millie as she cares for him)
Cancer: Elaine Crider, Mic Hodson, Don Graber, Lori Hawkins, David Flueckiger
We pray for the following who are part of the church family:
Dave & Judy Fox
George & Anna Steiner
Chris, Shelby, Forrest & Nelleigh Reusser
Jeff & Becky Lehman
Bracton, Brianna & Hans Eicher
Matt, Amanda, Kadin, Jaiden & Lillian Beaman
Stephanie, Jaidon & Gracie Patterson
Doug, Sarah, Kamden & Clayton Linthicum
Please phone Prayer & Praise items to the church office, 8:00a.m.- 4:30p.m., 589-3108; or Jim Schwartz, 525-0124