What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry is grounded in Jesus’ command to love one another. Through one-to-one caring relationships, those who are hurting receive the love and care they need to support them.
- Is life more than you can handle alone right now?
- Are your health, your attitude, or your relationships suffering?
- Are you adjusting to a new job, change in marital status, a serious illness, the death of a loved one, a recent move?
- Would you like to have someone in your life who really cares?
Stephen Ministry helps meet the need of individuals who are…
- terminally ill
- in a job crisis
- new members of the church
- in a spiritual crisis, looking for a caring, Christian friend
Me, a Stephen Minister?
- Have you ever wanted to be immediately involved in a ministry of your own, but just did not know how, or where, or with whom?
- Would you like to learn to help others while growing in your understanding of yourself at the same time?
- Do you care about people?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions above, Stephen Ministry may be your opportunity to answer God’s call in your life. To make your interest known or to get further information, please contact a minister or one of the Stephen Leaders.
Stephen Ministers Are Called To Be Caregivers
“Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you fulfill the law of Christ.” – Galatians 6:2
“Encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with all of them.” – I Thessalonians 5:14
Whom should I call?
For information or referral, call either Naomi Lehman at 589-8730 or Marie Nussbaum at 589-2461.