Our desire is that children learn to know Jesus Christ as their Friend and Savior, to know of God’s unconditional love for them, and begin to follow Jesus as their Lord.
Ministry to children includes:
- Nursery care provided for all children below the age of 2 for all services.
- Sunday School classes for children age 2 and up during the Sunday school hour, 9:00 - 9:45.
- Midweek classes for children age 2 through Grade 5 on Wednesdays (September - May only), from 7:00-8:00 p.m. Bible Stories, singing, crafts, games.
Vacation Bible School
Our congregation offers a Summer Bible School program for children ages 4 through grade 6.
Our congregation supports and encourages children, youth, and adults to attend the large variety of camping programs at Camp Friedenswald near Cassopolis, Michigan and Camp Luz near Orrville, OH. For more information log on to www.friedenswald.org or www.campluz.com.
Sunday School Classes are available for individuals from age 2 through senior adult each Sunday morning from 9:00-9:45 a.m. Nursery care is provided for all children below the age of 2 for all services. Everyone is invited to participate in a Sunday School class. Children follow a standard curriculum while adult classes engage in a variety of growth activities. For adults Sunday School is not only a time for Bible study with friends but also a time for sharing on a more personal level than is possible in the larger worship times.
Grades 1-5 gather in the Spotlight Room for a group opening time, then break into grade level teaching.
Children's church is offered during the church service for children ages 3 through 5th grade.
Children are dismissed from the church worship service to two locations:
- Ages 2 - 5 meet at the bottom of the ramp for an interactive service based on stories from the Bible. Teachers and helpers facilitate a story time, activities, snack, and games.
- 1st - 5th grades meet in the Family Life Center for a worship service including singing, prayer, Bible teaching and multi-media activities.
At the conclusion of the church service, parents meet their children in those locations.
Newborn – 23 Months in Baby Nursery: Available during each service at church.
Toddler – 2 years: Available on Sunday Mornings and Wednesday Evenings as well as Special Services
Sunday’s October – February at 5:15 pm